Terms & Polices
Personal contact information we collect and what we do with it
When you are making a donation, purchasing a product, expressing an interest in referring a Member , contributing to our guest book, or subscribing to our online newsletter, we ask you for personal contact information such as your name, mailing address, phone number and e-mail address. We may use this contact information to provide you with a receipt or financial report; to contact you to clarify or obtain information about an order you placed, a donation you made, or a Member you have referred; or to send you additional information about the Emerald Foundation.
If you make a donation, we may contact you from time to time (in writing only, never by telephone) to offer you an opportunity to make another gift, or to offer services from third parties that will directly benefit the Emerald Foundation.
From time to time, the Emerald Foundation rents or exchanges its list of supporters with other trusted organizations to benefit the Foundation’s programs and activities. Prior to doing so, we will notify you and give you the option to opt-out. We have found this to be the most cost-effective method of reaching additional potential constituents and hope you value the information they send you. Your name is only made available to these carefully screened organizations through third-party mailing agents for a limited use. Such organizations will not have continued access to your name and address unless you choose to respond to their initial mailing.
Personal contact information may also be shared with our agents, i.e., reputable companies we use for services such as shipping products or sending Emerald Foundation an E mail. We have confidentiality agreements in place with all such agents to protect your privacy. Finally, in some cases when you wish to refer a Member make a donation to your local chapter, or ask for local chapter information, your contact information may be passed on to your local chapter.
Personal billing information we collect and what we do with it
In addition to personal contact information, we ask for billing information, such as your billing address and credit card number, when you make a donation or purchase a product. We use secure servers to gather and process your billing information. These secure servers are hosted by our agent, Charity Web, which is bound by our site policies. Your billing information is not shared with any other organizations, and your credit card number is not retained once your transaction has been authorized and processed.
Other contact information we collect and what we do with it
In some instances, we ask for contact information for people other than yourself including, for example, e-mail addresses of friends to whom you send e-cards or a copy of one of our Web pages, or the mailing address of someone you wish us to notify of a donation you have made. The information we collect is used to send the donation notification or information you requested and/or to inform the recipient of Emerald Foundation updates, wish stories and opportunities to get involved. Such contact information is not shared with any other organizations.
How to view or change your information
If you do not wish to participate in our list rental or exchange activities, or if you wish to modify the frequency of future communications from the Emerald Foundation, please write to us at our address below.
With the exception of credit card numbers, which are not retained, you can view and request changes to all the information you have given us, including any mailing lists you may be on, by contacting us in one of two ways: You can either e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can send a letter addressed to:
Emerald Foundation – Afghanistan
Attention: Donor Care
521. Khoshal Khan Mena
Kabul – Afghanistan
In addition, if you have subscribed to e Magazine®(our online newsletter), you can unsubscribe by clicking on the unsubscribe link featured at the end of the newsletter.
Your IP address, cookies and plug-ins
For each visitor to our website, our Web server automatically recognizes the visitor’s IP address, although no personally identifiable information (such as e-mail addresses) is recognized by the server. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. Your IP address may also be used to gather broad demographic information. Occasionally, we may use session cookies to improve content, provide easier access and understand how visitors use our website. Session cookies are also used to support our e-commerce pages. Our website does not include stand-alone or plug-in applications that report individually identifiable information back to us or to any other organization.
Links to other sites
With respect to children, the EM Foundation only collects personally identifiable contact information from Members who are referring themselves as potential Member. We pass that information on to the Members local Authority chapter so the chapter can contact the Members ‘s family to make an assessment of Member eligibility; however, we do not share it in any other way or with any other parties. We do not give the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information in any way.
Changes to this policy
Financial transactions and our secure servers
All financial transactions on our website, specifically online donations and online purchases, are managed through our agent, CharityWeb, which is TRUSTe certified. All transactions use an encrypted channel, take place on secure servers and occur in real time. No financial data, such as your credit card number, is transferred via a less-secure channel, such as encrypted e-mail, for processing. Moreover, once your transaction has been completed, your credit card number is not retained.
By viewing and/or using this website, you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions explained below.
- This World Wide Web site with its home page in the domains “bigzad.wodpress” and “bigzad.org” (the “website”) is a complimentary information service offered by the Emerald Foundation of Afghanistan (“The Foundation”) at no charge to you as a user of the World Wide Web, with the express condition that you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this User Agreement. The Foundation reserves the right to change these terms and conditions any time, and you must consult the most recent version of this User Agreement (not an older cached version) each time you view the Web site. Do not use the website if you do not agree to all of the following terms and conditions.
- You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth under the Service Marks, Copyright, and Hyperlinks sections of this Site Notice.
- You acknowledge that the information on the website is provided “as is” for general information only. The Foundation makes no warranties of any kind regarding this website, including but not limited to any warranty of accuracy, completeness, currency, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or any warranty that these pages, or the server that makes them available, are free of viruses or other harmful elements, and such warranties are expressly disclaimed.
- You agree that you will hold harmless The Foundation and its officers, directors and employees from all claims arising out of or related to your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, this website or the information contained in this website or other websites to which it is linked, including but not limited to claims that you have found something you have heard, viewed or downloaded from this website or another website to which it is linked to be obscene, offensive, defamatory or infringing upon your intellectual property rights. In no event will The Foundation or the contributors of information to this website be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- You acknowledge that opinions and recommendations contained in this website are not necessarily those of The Foundation or endorsed by The Foundation.
- The Foundation may provide links on the website to other websites which are not under the control of The Foundation. These links are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by The Foundation of the organization or individual operating the website or a warranty of any type regarding the website or the information on the website.
- This website (excluding linked sites) is controlled by The Foundation, which is headquarter will be in India State of Maharashtra, Republic Government of India. It can be accessed from all 24 states, as well as Independent Territories and other countries around the world. As each of these places has laws that may differ from those of others, by accessing this website both you and The Foundation agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Maharashtra, without regard to conflicts of law principles thereof, will apply to all matters arising from or relating to use of this website. You and The Foundation also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the Superior Court of the State of Maharashtra in and for the County of India the Central Court for Maharashtra with respect to such matters. The Foundation makes no representation that materials on the website are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this website from other locations do so of their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.