U.S. Department of State’s Near East & South Asia Scholarship Undergraduate Program 2012-2013
The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. Department of State is currently inviting applications for Near East & South Asia (NESA) Scholarship Program 2012-13. This undergraduate exchange program is a part of Global UGRAD program started by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, and offers scholarships to outstanding students from countries of the Middle East, North Africa, and South Asia. Scholarships are awarded for one-year of undergraduate, non-degree studies programs in the United States at a diverse network of accredited two- and four-year institutions.
If selected, the NESA UGRAD Program will cover a participant’s:
- J-1 visa support;
- Round-trip coach class travel from participant’s home city to host institution in the United States;
- Health benefits;
- Tuition and mandatory university fees (including required books and supplies);
- Room and board (housing and meals);
- Settling in allowance;
- Monthly maintenance allowance; and
- Other special allowances where applicable.
The competition is open to anyone who:
- Is a citizen, national or permanent resident qualified to hold a valid passport issued by the country from which applicant is applying;
- Is completing his/her final year of secondary school or enrolled in first-, second-, third-year fulltime undergraduate study at the time of application at a registered academic institution in his/her country and is in good academic standing.
- Is between the ages of 18-25;
- Is able to begin the academic exchange program in the United States in August 2012;
- Is able to receive and maintain a J-1 visa;
- Is committed to returning to his/her home country after completion of the program; and
- Is proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application.
- Academic excellence
- Cross-cultural interest
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and spoken English
- Flexibility and suitability as an exchange student
- Commitment to returning to their home country after completion of the program
Last date for submitting the applications is January 23, 2012.
Source Link: http://www.fundsforngos.org/scholarships-2/department-states-east-south-asia-scholarship-undergraduate-program-20122013/#ixzz1c22Oh3Ms
Copyright©FUNDSFORNGOS.ORG. Do not remove this link.
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution